Meryl Streep on Ephron: 'How can I make this more fun?'

Famous friends and fans are mourning Nora Ephron, who died Tuesday of pneumonia, a complication from the acute myeloid leukemia she was diagnosed with in 2006.
Among them:
Meryl Streep, who starred in Ephron's final film, 2009's Julie & Julia.
"Nora just looked at every situation and cocked her head and thought, 'Hmmmm, how can I make this more fun?' " Streep wrote in an e-mail to the New York Times. "You could call on her for anything: doctors, restaurants, recipes, speeches, or just a few jokes, and we all did it, constantly. She was an expert in all the departments of living well."
On Twitter, stars recalled her work and her heart.
Justin Timberlake: "R.I.P. Norah Ephron … Funny, charming, witty, full of heart, and one of the greatest who put it all down in timeless, quotable classics.''
Olivia Munn: "Your movies made me laugh, cry and get excited about falling in love. Thank you.''
New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg: "Nora Ephron always loved a good New York story, and she could tell them like no one else. NYC will miss her very much.''
Colin Hanks: "Nora Ephron was devastatingly funny, extremely witty, and was ALWAYS one of the kindest people I have ever met.''
R.L. Stine: "Thank you, Nora Ephron, for so much laughter. The world is a sadder place tonight.''
Zooey Deschanel: "A hero for all funny ladies.''
Kurt Anderson: "Every time I saw Nora Ephron I felt like I'd lucked out. So smart, so funny, so wise, so clear-eyed, so kind, so incandescent and 'good.'"
Bette Middler: "Nora Ephron. The Hostess with the Mostest on the Ball. A brilliant soul, and we will all miss her so...."
Kevin Nealon: "Auditioned for Nora Ephron 20 yrs ago. Didn't get the part but she sent me a thank you note. I'll always remember that and you, Nora."
Carrie Fisher penned her thoughts in a statement, issued by her rep:
"I suppose you could say Nora was my ideal. In a world where we're told that you can't have it all, Nora consistently proved that adage wrong. A writer, director, wife, mother, chef, wit--there didn't seem to be anything she couldn't do. And not just do it, but excel at it, revolutionize it, set the bar for every other screenwriter, novelist, director. She was inspiring, intimidating, and insightful. She was so, so alive. It makes no sense to me that she isn't anymore. My heart goes out to her family and the many others who treasured her."
And Kerry Washington was among the more than 2,000 who retweeted the Ephron quote:
"Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim." — Nora Ephron